Bed Bug Facts and Tips
- A female bed bug can lay up to 500 eggs in her life time in the right conditions.
- A bed bug will feed for between 5-6 minutes at a time. That can be one itchy bed bug bite!
- Bed bugs may only feed once every 3 - 8 days.
- There are no diseases transmitted from bed bugs.
- Bedbugs feed solely on blood.
- Young bed bugs are translucent before a bloody meal.
- Bedbugs will nest on beds, mattresses, bedside units, carpets, any area close to the bed.
- An adult bed bug is reddish, brownish and flat and oval. 4-5 mm in length.
- An adult bed bug can survive for up to 12 months with feeding.